If your child isn’t eligible for free school meals or universal free school meals (all pupils in FS2-Y2) then you will benefit from Hull City Council’s school meal subsidy. Unique to Hull, the Local Government funded meal subsidy means that your child’s school meal will cost just 1.00- a saving of up to £1.20 per day!
At Buckingham Primary Academy we believe that allowing pupils to eat with their friends is an important part of school life. The school dining hall can be the perfect environment for developing key social skills.
We actively encourage pupils to be kind and polite to both staff and their peers in order to achieve a consistently welcoming dining experience. Pupils are entered into a weekly prize draw for a seat at the top table- an extra delicious dining experience with cupcakes and an opportunity to make new friends!
We understand that some children prefer to go home for lunch or pack their favourite treats into a shiny lunch box but we believe school meals are a great option for both you and your child!
Mellors Catering Service are our chosen, award winning, provider. Together they work with Buckingham Primary Academy’s dedicated Catering Team to deliver a service that suits all tastes and dietary requirements. Mellors want to ensure that every pupil has the opportunity to access a school lunch and their Allergen Procedure offers parents and guardians the opportunity to work with the school to create individual care plans, featuring a bespoke menu, which their child and the catering team will refer to each day. Please contact the school office to discuss your child’s dietary requirements and to request a copy of Mellors Allergen Procedure.
- Whether your child prefers a hot meal or cold lunch, we’ve got it covered! Pupils are not only free to choose from our freshly cooked main meals and desserts but also have the option of a jacket potato or ‘packed lunch’ with our home made sandwich grab bag.
- We have your child’s 5 a day covered with a delicious choice of vegetables and yummy salad bar!
- Our menus are produced in consultation with qualified dieticians to ensure that all lunch options are nutritionally balanced.
- A well-fed and happy child is more likely to be receptive to participating in afternoon activities.
- Each meal aims to provide 35 per cent of all essential nutritional requirements that will assist your child in leading a bright and healthy lifestyle.
- Save yourself time and money by allowing someone else to prepare your child’s lunch for just 50p per day!
Please contact the school office if you require a copy of the latest school meals menu or alternatively you can view the menu online by vising our menus page.
Our chosen method of receiving payment is ParentPay